Motorola Edge 30 Ultra renders leak showing a flat-screened flagship
- Renders of the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra just leaked from a trusted source.
- The phone appears to have a flat display and a triple-lens rear camera.
- An earlier leak of specs suggests this phone could be close to a premium flagship while still slightly missing the mark.
Next year, though, we expect Motorola to up the ante a bit. In that vein, a phone we expect to land as the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra just leaked, giving us a good idea of what to expect. The leak comes from reliable source Steve Hemmerstoffer (via 91Mobiles), so we are confident this is what the phone will look like.
You can see the renders for yourself below or above in the embedded YouTube video.
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra renders
Hemmerstoffer says the phone has a 6.6-inch flat display in a body measuring 163.1 x 76.5 x 8.8mm at its thinnest point (10mm at the camera bump). The usual power and volume rocker buttons are on the right side of the device with a USB-C port at the bottom. There is no headphone jack.
Earlier this week, we saw a leak of specs for the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra from a different source. Check them out below:
- Processor: Snapdragon “SM8450” (likely SD888 follow-up)
- Display: 6.67-inch OLED with 144Hz refresh rate and Full HD+ resolution
- Rear cameras: 50MP wide, 50MP ultra-wide, and 2MP depth
- Front camera: 60MP
- RAM: 8 or 12GB LPDDR5
- Storage: 128 or 256GB non-expandable UFS 3.1
- Power: 5,000mAh battery with 68W wired charging and no wireless charging
- Durability: IP52 rating
- Operating system: Android 12 out of the box
When you combine these alleged specs with the leaked design renders we have here, it appears the Motorola Edge 30 Ultra would be quite close to a premium flagship. However, with the Full HD+ resolution, lack of wireless charging, sub-par IP rating, and lack of a telephoto lens, the phone wouldn’t quite make it as a Galaxy S competitor.
Pricing will likely end up being the linchpin to this phone’s success. If Motorola can keep it low, it might be able to convert some buyers. Stay tuned!