If your Apple Watch runs out of battery and you don’t have your charger with you, don’t panic! There are a few ways to charge your watch without the charger. You can use your iPhone’s charger, connect to a computer with a USB cable, or even charge wirelessly with a Qi-certified charging mat. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on how to charge your Apple Watch without the charger.
Table of Contents
If you’re an Apple Watch owner, you know that one of the worst feeling is when your watch dies and you can’t find the charger. But what do you do when you’re in a bind and need to charge your watch, but don’t have the charger with you?
Here are a few tips on how to charge your Apple Watch without the charger:
Use your iPhone’s charging cable:
- If you have an iPhone with a Lightning cable, you can use that to charge your Apple Watch.
- Just plug the Lightning end into your iPhone
- then attach the other end to your watch.
- Your watch should start charging right away.
Find a compatible USB port:
- If you have a USB port handy, whether it’s on a computer or another device, you can use that to charge your Apple Watch.
How To Charge Your Apple Watch With Regular Charger
If you’re an Apple Watch owner, you know that it needs to be charged every day. But what do you do if you’re away from home and can’t find your charger?
Here’s how to charge your Apple Watch with a regular charger:
- Find a USB charging cable that’s compatible with your Apple Watch. Any Lightning to USB or 30-pin to USB cable will work.
- Plug the charging cable into a USB power adapter.
- Connect the other end of the cable to your Apple Watch. Make sure that the gold contacts on the back of your watch are aligned with the gold contacts on the charger.
- Your Apple Watch will start charging automatically. The green LED on the charger will light up when your watch is charging.
Why you might need to charge your Apple Watch without a charger:
As the Apple Watch continues to grow in popularity, more and more people are finding themselves in a position where they need to charge their watch without a charger. There are a few reasons why this might happen:
- You might lose your charger. It’s small and easy to misplace, so it’s not uncommon for people to lose track of their charger. If you can’t find yours, you may need to charge your watch without it.
- Your charger could break. Again, it’s small and delicate, so it’s not unheard of for the charging cable to break or become damaged. If this happens, you’ll need to find another way to charge your watch.
- You might be traveling and forget to pack your charger.
Use The Hidden Port To Charge Your Apple Watch
Did you know that your Apple Watch has a hidden port that can be used to charge it? This port is located on the back of the watch, near the bottom. To access it, you will need to remove the back cover of your watch. Once you have done this, you will see a small charging port. You can use a standard Apple Watch charger to charge your watch through this port.
This hidden port can be very useful if your watch’s battery is low and you do not have time to wait for it to charge using the standard method. It is also useful if you want to keep your watch’s batterycharged while you are away from home.
If you are not sure how to remove the back cover of your watch, consult the user manual that came with your device.
How to charge your Apple Watch without a charger:
If you’re an Apple Watch owner, there are a few different ways you can charge your device without the official charger. Here are a few methods to try if you find yourself in a bind and need to give your watch a boost.
First, you can use any compatible Qi wireless charger to charge your Apple Watch. If you have an iPhone with wireless charging, you can also use that device to charge your watch by placing it on top of the iPhone.
Another option is to connect your Apple Watch to a computer via the included USB cable. You can then use the computer’s USB port to charge your watch. Finally, you can also connect your watch to a power adapter with a Lightning connector.