Apple Pay is a mobile payment and digital wallet service by Apple Inc. that allows users to make payments in person, in iOS apps, and on the web. It is similar to other mobile payment services such as Google Pay and Samsung Pay. As of March 2019, Apple Pay had 1.8 billion monthly users.
Target is one of the largest discount retailers in the United States, with nearly 2,000 locations nationwide.
How to Use Apple Pay at Target
Apple Pay is accepted at all Target locations, and using it is easy. Here’s a step by step guide on how to use Apple Pay at Target:
- Open the Wallet app on your iPhone. If you don’t have Wallet, you can download it from the App Store.
- Select the Apple Pay card that you want to use.
- Hold your iPhone near the contactless reader until you see Done and a checkmark on the display.
- You may be asked to sign a receipt or enter your PIN. If so, follow the instructions on the display.
That’s it! Using Apple Pay at Target is quick and easy, and you can use it for purchases both in store and online.
5 Stores That Accept Apple Pay (Besides Target)
Apple Pay is one of the most convenient ways to pay for your purchases. Here are 10 stores that accept Apple Pay (besides Target).
- Apple Store – Of course, the Apple Store accepts Apple Pay. You can use it to pay for your new iPhone, iPad, or Macbook.
- Best Buy – Best Buy is another store that accepts Apple Pay. You can use it to pay for your new TV, laptop, or gaming console.
- Starbucks – Starbucks is one of the many restaurants that accept Apple Pay. You can use it to pay for your coffee or pastries.
- Whole Foods – Whole Foods is a grocery store that accepts Apple Pay. You can use it to pay for your groceries and household items.
- Amazon – Amazon is a major online retailer that accepts Apple Pay.
The Benefits of Using Apple Pay at Target
If you’re an iPhone user, you can now use Apple Pay at Target. Here are some of the benefits of using Apple Pay at Target:
- You don’t have to carry around your physical wallet or credit cards.
- It’s more secure than using a physical credit card because your card number is not stored on your device.
- It’s faster than paying with cash or a physical credit card because you don’t have to fumble through your wallet or wait for the cashier to process your payment.
- You can still take advantage of Target’s REDcard discount when you use Apple Pay.
- If you misplace your iPhone, you can suspend all payments on your device so that no one can make unauthorized purchases.
How to get around Target’s payment policy
Every shopper knows the feeling of being at the register, ready to make a purchase, only to be told that the store doesn’t accept their chosen form of payment. It’s frustrating, and can often ruin an otherwise pleasant shopping experience.
For shoppers who frequent Target, this problem is all too familiar. The store has a strict policy of only accepting certain forms of payment, which can be quite limiting for customers.
Fortunately, there are a few ways around Target’s payment policy. By using a prepaid card or gift card, shoppers can still make their purchase even if they don’t have one of the accepted forms of payment.
Prepaid cards can be purchased at most major retailers, and they can be loaded with enough money to cover the cost of your purchase at Target.
Target does accept Apple Pay as a form of payment. However, there are some Target stores that do not have the Apple Pay option available. If you are unsure if your local Target store accepts Apple Pay, it is best to call ahead or check the store’s website.